Friday, May 21, 2010

Friends That Last

I'm still lounging around in Florida for the rest of the week...

But I thought I'd tell you a little bit about bestie Jill who is with me!

Jill is one of two people I talk to from high school.  I'm of the understanding that you either have college friends or high school friends.  And I definitely have college friends.  But Jill's stuck.  And AJ, he's our other friends, he's stuck too.  They're people I can go months without seeing and pick up in exactly the same place and time when we are reunited.  I feel more myself with them than anyone else...except maybe Hubs of course :)  Probably a good thing, right?

So instead of doing the whole gift thing for Christmas, the three of us go out to a fancy dinner.  No husbands, no significant others, nothing.  Just the three of us.  It's a great opportunity for us to catch up and enjoy our time together like the old days.  We don't get to hang out a lot because I live so far away...but we make it work.  Jill and I always joke that she is my longest relationship :)  Ha!

So here's a little look back at our Christmases of yore.


Christmas 2007.  I cannot believe I am posting this.  For some reason I felt the need to stick my butt way out in this picture.  I have no idea why.  It's huge as it is...and I felt the need to accentuate it?  Idiot.




Dude, AJ dressed up a lot nicer the year before, huh?  Ha!  At least it's a step up from the sweatshirt and sweatpants we usually get :)



We noticed this year we always stand the exact same way.  Weird?  We were also totally pissed that Jill's parents were not home so we didn't have anyone to take our picture in front of their tree like we ALWAYS do.  How dare they not rearrange their schedules to accommodate our Christmas dinner!  So we went to AJ's parents' house instead.  It'll have to do...

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!  I'm flying back Monday evening so hopefully I can catch up with you on Tuesday! 

XOXO

And yes, I just did a post about Christmas.

In May.

When I'm at the beach.

I'm crazy.

4 comments:

Tasha said...

How fun! I love that you guys still get together even though you live far away from each other. The pics are really cute! There's a quote I love about friendship but I don't know who said it.

"It takes a long time to grow an old friend."

Have a great time on your trip!

Lucy Marie said...

I hope you're having a terrible time in the sun while I'm stuck here at home. :)

Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

Taylor-Made Wife said...

That so great that oyu guys have stayed such great friends. And after you mentioned your pose in the first picture, I have to admit, I snickered a little. I always have the most awkward stance in pictures.

Samantha said...

It's great to have a friend like that.