Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year friends!  

So, it's been a while, huh?  My little piece of the Internet has been seriously neglected lately.  I can't say I'm sorry.  Blogging became more of a chore to me; something I had to check off my to do list (I actually do love checking things off my to do list but that's neither here nor there).  So I took a break.  But I kind of miss my friends, the community.  So here I am!

Perhaps I should do a little recap?  

The kiddo.  She's going to be 2 on the 15th.  Like two whole years old.  I have no idea where the time went.  She is such a little person now with her own personality.  She is SO funny, but super laid back and chill.  She isn't shy but very cautious about certain things.  My favorite example is how she goes really slow walking through doorways.  It's like she's not sure about the change in surfaces or something?  It's completely endearing but super frustrating when we're in a hurry.


She's talking up a storm these days.  She was a late talker, which frankly had me a little concerned, but her vocabulary has just exploded within the last month.  We're working on her numbers and just yesterday I caught her counting to herself.  It was just the coolest thing.  Like, I taught her that.  

 

As for me, I took a part time gig late last year with a food tour company.  I give walking tours of a city close by and we stop and eat at four different restaurants along the way.  It is SUPER fun and I love getting out of the house and engaging with new people.  Plus, the last stop is for truffles and a wine pairing, and seriously?  I'd give these tours for free just to get these truffles.  



Opposite of truffles, I've coined this year the Year of Jenny.  I've been lingering around my pre-baby weight for 2 years now and it's about time I get my booty in gear.  I spend too much time and money at the gym for me to continue putting junk in my body when I get home.  So I'm not.  Well, the last three days I haven't and that's a start.



Hubs has been working like crazy and traveling even more.  It's a bit of a downer sometimes, but mostly I'm just thankful for his job because it allows me to have mine.  He was able to take almost two weeks off for Christmas which was such a treat!

 


So yeah.  That's about it!  You didn't miss much! 

4 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Yay! So glad you're back!

I can't believe how grown up your little Miss is! And almost two?? That's just not possible!

Your new gig sounds so fun! Truffles and wine? Yes please!

Emily said...

How is she almost two!? I feel like that's not just possible you were just pregnant!

melissa said...

N could not be cuter! I love her Christmas outfits. Your new job sounds too good to be true! Glad you're enjoying it. Good to see a post from you!

Kristen said...

I am never on here anymore! Look at how big your little Miss is!!!! So beautiful! Glad life is going well for you!