Recently, my fabulous friends from Happily Ever After and A Journey Through the Waiting Game gave me this award!
How sweet! I don't think I have ever been called a Sugar Doll before. I kinda like it! My husband's mother sometimes calls him a sugar cube...but that's another story.
I'm supposed to list 10 interesting facts about myself. Hm. What don't you know?
I know! I'll tell you about my night last night!
1. Matt and I went to Outback last night because I had a coupon for a FREE Bloomin' Onion that I had to use by the 30th. FREE people! And I love me some Bloomin' Onion.
2. We pretended it was our first date. I got all dressed up and met him there after work. We introduced ourselves and everything. Ha!
3. When we sat down, I proceeded to ask him about his wedding ring and he told me that his "wife" had died in a steel toed shoe accident. Died? Yeah. Apparently the shoe fell on her head. Oh dear.
And if you didn't know, I have to wear steel toed shoes to work on a daily basis.
4. I then told him that I had actually been married before as well. But my dear husband had also died falling off a ladder putting up our Christmas lights. (Matt refuses to hang Christmas lights on our house. Pure laziness I tell you.)
5. We spent the whole dinner talking about our "dead" spouses. Matt's "wife" was a masseuse and used to give him massages almost every night. (Fat chance.) My "husband" traveled the world with me, took me to Paris on our honeymoon, and ordered all sorts of fancy wines for me to try. (Again, fat chance.)
6. I think our waitress thought we were nuts.
7. I realized I am so happy I don't have to date anymore. I was trying to be all proper and first-datey and I did not like it.
What I do like:
eating off Matt's plate without asking
using my fingers to eat my Bloomin' Onion (it kept falling off the fork into the dip!)
eating more Bloomin' Onion than my husband and not caring
even ORDERING a freaking Bloomin' Onion and not just a salad, grilled chicken, or something equally as blah
not caring about my onion breath
talking about how I felt like I was going to explode after dinner
...all things I never, ever would've done on a first date.
8. Matt tried to shake my hand when we parted ways at the end of the night.
9. Our pretend first date was pretty fun while it lasted...
10. But I was happy to get home to my (not dead) husband.
Feeling like summer with Chill Pops!
17 hours ago