Monday, August 15, 2011

Menu Monday

Monday:  Three Cheese Chicken and Pasta Skillet




This was a new recipe for the week and boy was it good!  I had to use up some leftover rotisserie chicken and this fit the bill.  It came together very quickly for a weeknight meal (a necessity in our house) and was quite reasonable points wise.  I left out the Kraft Singles because they are disgusting and a sorry excuse for cheese.  In my opinion of course :)  The points reflect this.

I wasn't super impressed with this dish as a leftover meal, but Matt thought it was quite good both days.  Take that for what you will.

WW Points:  10 points/serving
5 servings

Tuesday:  Leftovers

Wednesday:  Lasagna Soup



Dude.  I mean, DUDE.  This soup is G.O.O.D.  I insist you make this immediately.  Perhaps it would be more appropriate for a cold winter month but I'm not one to get caught up in all of that garbage.  Good food is good every month of the year.  And this, boy is it good.  I mean, the topping is called "cheesy yum."  Enough said, yes?

I used chicken broth instead of stock as I already had that.  I didn't notice any loss in flavor because of this substitution.  I also used the leftover rotini from Monday evening as I couldn't find either of the suggested pastas at the store.  I also didn't use as much basil as mine withered to grossness a little quicker than expected.

WW Points: 16 points/serving
6 servings

This could definitely be an 8 serving dish.  The amount I ate was quite a large bowl but I didn't mind as it was incredibly delicious.  But it made a ton.  Judging by the fact I forced Matt to have two days of leftovers.  But unlike the earlier dish, the taste was of the same high quality as the first night.


Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Leftovers

Saturday:  Pizza

Menu plan fail.  Do you ever have nights where you just need to have pizza?  I mean, deep down in your soul need it?  Well, I do.  And it was Saturday.   It was also too many points to count.  Ahem.


Sunday:  Cheesy BBQ Sloppy Joes

This is a repeat dish for us.  We LOVE it.  I mean, whenever a recipe calls for Texas toast we are all over it.  I could not recommend making this dish more.  Easy, tasty, Texas toasty.  Yum.  Just do it.

WW Points: 21 points/serving
4 servings

FYI it's major high in points.  You could totally make this into an 8 serving meal and only eat one piece of Texas toast.  But you know me by now, right.  That ain't my style.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

YUM!! This looks so good!

Dollface said...

ummmmmmmmmm... love it! xo