Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Finally...a Thanksgiving Recap!

Goodness gracious ladies...it has been a long time! I'm so sorry I have been gone for so long. Believe me...it was not intentional. I got a little sickly my last day in Colorado and have progressively gotten worse. It's just a cold...don't worry! No swine flue here...but I am exhausted, sinusy, and just plain old ick.

But I am determined to finally do my Thanksgiving recap! But first...my final day in Colorado! I spent the whole day with bro at work and he showed me around the campus. Too much fun!






My flight home was uneventful and I got to see my hubby so it had a happy ending. We (and when I say we...I mean I) spent Thanksgiving morning baking a pecan tart and pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving at my parents' house. Matt's parents joined us and we had a lovely time. Family game night + lots of food + wine=the best day ever in my book.

I stayed way too late and only got about 2 hours of sleep before getting up for Black Friday. It was not. fun. at. all. Especially when I didn't buy one single thing for myself. But I stuck it out to watch my husband get great deals on tools and electronics. Fun, huh? Yeah. I'm a great wife. Period.

I napped and then enjoyed meeting up with Sonja from For the Love of Stilettos! So exciting! She and her husband came up from Jacksonville and it was so fun meeting them. I think our husbands bonded over sports...shocking :)

I can't wait to have a meet up somewhere warmer!! Isn't she the cutest thing ever? Forgive my grossness. Two hours sleep people...two hours.


The rest of our days in Indy were spent with family and friends and included lots of yummy food. It makes me super excited for Christmas time and more quality hours with people back home.

Since being home...I have been able to put away all of the fall decor, on the inside of the house at least. We are going to get our tree this weekend and I am beyond thrilled! It is the most wonderful time of the year you know!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I love meeting bloggy friends. Can't wait to catch up on everything I've been missing :)

Lindsey said...

YAY glad you're back! Glad you had a great holiday!=)

The Shabby Princess said...

Hope you get to feeling better! We are going to put up our holiday decor tonight (I think)--no tree this year as we won't be at home to enjoy it. Boo!

jenn said...

welcome back & yes - you are a great wife. make sure your husband remembers that when christmas gift time rolls around! :)

Sonja said...

squeee! I had so much fun meeting the both of you! I was telling Matt that I sure hope ya'll come near Florida or we travel back up there soon! There WAS ALOT of football talk! LOL I hope my Matt didn't bore your Matt! haha!

& psssh! you looked great for only two hours of sleep! :)

Hope you feel better!!

xoxo

Dollface said...

Welcome back dolly... Im so jealous that you got to meet up with a bloggie friend.... Im glad your thanksgiving was good... sorry no shopping on black Friday!! xxxoo

A New England Girl said...

Oh my goodness... I hope you feel better, lady! Being sick around the holidays is no fun. :( Your photos are great, though, and I am happy you had such a wonderful time. :)

Kristen said...

head to KS sometime and we'll meet! :)

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

So jealous you met Sonja. I have always wanted to meet a bloggy friend!!

Sounds like a great weekend!!

Brittany Ann said...

Oh! So jealous of your bloggy meet up! How fun!

Shaina said...

AHHH FUN!!!! I see you met another blogger whose husband is also Matt! Weird! :) Especially weird because, you know, it's such a unique name.

Looks like Thanksgiving was great! So bummed still that you were an hour away from my apt...when I was 6 hours away in Michigan. Sniffle.

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like fun. I'm so jealous of your bloggy meetup. I have yet to meet one of my wonderful ladies ....