Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Little Things

Matt and I left our house at the same time for work today. About 97% of the time I leave before him...and on rare occasions when he is crazy busy he leaves before me...but today we left together.

When this happens Matt usually ends up driving behind me because I tend to be a little on the speedy side. I've slowed down tremendously with age...and cruise control is now my friend...but I still end up passing him if he's ahead of me :)

Since it's so dark in the mornings though, I never know which car he is. I think sometimes he is behind me...but then the person passes me and it's not him. There is only one way I can tell where he is. He flashes his brights at me when he reaches his exit.

For some reason today...this melted my heart. He could've easily just gotten off the interstate without doing a thing. But he wanted to tell me goodbye.

Isn't that the sweetest thing ever? It's the little things for me ladies. And after a tremendously horrible morning at work...it is this exact "little" thing that is making me smile.

Simply love him.

21 comments:

Shaina said...

Awww. I love this. <3

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

So cute. Brownie points for the hubby!

Jennifer said...

That is the sweetest thing! What a keeper!

Lucy Marie said...

Barf.

Just kidding - this is super sweet.

Classy Fab Sarah said...

So so sweet.

Brittany Ann said...

Love it, and know what you mean! Those sweet gestures get me, too!

Tasha said...

That's really cute. It's the little things that this that mean the most. You guys are adorable!

5th Belle Avenue said...

That is SO sweet! I loveee the little things. What a precious hubby you have!

The Shabby Princess said...

Aw, so sweet!

jenn said...

that is so cute! men who understand that the little things are more important than the big things get an A+ in my book :)

Christina said...

awwww that is sooo sweet!

LauraAnn said...

What a sweet, sweet husband! And you are right- it is the little things that they do that melt your heart!

Taylor-Made Wife said...

Ywp...its always to the little things that count the most

Linda said...

So sweet!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

that is so sweet! love the little things like that... they are truly what can make a person's day! :)

Nessa said...

Awwwwww, so frickin' sweet.

Dollface said...

Thats so cute... just like Jared makes sure to walk thundy so he can walk me to the subway in the morning :) xxxooo

Lora said...

I love this! Reminds me of my boyfriend and me--flicking our headlights as we leave each others houses, and I flick the porch light off and on back when he's leaving. It's something my parents started--3 light flicks or brake lights to say "I love you". I love that it's something we've continued :)

LawGirl said...

Awww, that is so sweet!

d.a.r. said...

I love this, totally melted my heart!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

awww I love it and LOVE the little (soo special and meaningful) things!!