Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I feel like my blog is ultra boring these days.

The only material I can come up with is my weekly baby updates...and I didn't really invent those...so clearly I've got nothing.

How can a girl who is building a house and having a baby all at the same time have nothing to blog about?

Who knows.  But it's the truth.

So perhaps you would like to hear about my weekend? 

We spent Friday night out with dear friends and their 16 month old little boy.  He is so cute, he makes the thought of having a boy seem okay to me.  Even though my body aches for a girl.  This just shows how precious he truly is.  We were sitting on the floor together and he picked up a book, handed it to me, and then proceeded to plop himself down right on my lap.  I felt my heart melt and I almost started crying it was so cute.  

FYI:  I'm going to have one of those!!

And to my surprise, Matt actually PICKED HIM UP!  I have never in my life seen Matt touch a child.  He's just that guy.  He has no interest in babies or other people's kids.  It was so sweet to see him play with their little one, read to him, and let him sit on his lap.  Oh I just cannot wait until we get to hold our little baby in our arms!!

Anywho....Saturday I spent 9 hours at a Junior League meeting, earning one measly training credit, but had a fairly pleasant day with two of my friends.  Too bad it was whilst listening to a lecture.  Oh well.  Free food.

Sunday I spent some time packing up the house.  I have over 30 boxes packed so far...but I feel like there is no end in site.  Thank goodness I started early.  We also made a delicious toffee cheesecake!  You know what I hate about cheesecake?  You have to let it refrigerate overnight.  Who thought of that rule?  Someone I hate.  That's who.  Don't worry.  I made up for it yesterday by eating about a 1/4.of it when I got home from work. 

And then went to my first prenatal yoga class.

Not the smartest idea I've ever had. 

11 comments:

gmontalvo13 said...

love the title! :)

glad you're still keeping up w/yoga w/the 'huge belly' :)

Lucy Marie said...

warning: do not eat egg salad before your prenatal yoga. you will fart in someone's face. trust me. i don't know HOW i know this - i just do.

secondly ... i really want to leave a super inappropriate comment but I am going to refrain.

Sonja said...

How did the prenatal class go?? I want to try the yoga but I can barely walk without falling over right now haha!

and I swear the baby takes our wit and all ability to think right and make coherent statements! Really. haha Why do you think I'm doing "30 days of Blogging"?! HAHA

The Shabby Princess said...

Yes, the whole refridgerate the cheesecake overnight thing is stupid. I need instant gratification--this is also why I usually end up eating 1/3 of the cookie dough/cake/brownie batter before it goes in the oven. Sigh. Perhaps a culinary career is not my forte?

Also, when we moved into our house, I started packing before we even made an offer. I was determined! You'll be glad you started early--and living out of boxes kind of sucks, but, it's a godsend b/c you'll be like "hm, I guess we didn't need ALL that stuff" and will find things to purge before you move. Win win I tell you.

Sooo, when do we find out if it's pink or blue????!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I don't think I saw my husband hold a baby until 2 weeks ago when we had our own! It defintly melts my heart to see them together!

Kristen said...

I still love your blog! And who cares if all we get to read is a weekly baby update, that's ok! :) p.s. coming from someone who has 2 boys, they're pretty darn sweet! (though my body still aches for a girl too!)

Tasha said...

Your blog isn't boring at all! That's sweet that you and your husband got to play with the little boy- seeing my husband around kids makes me love him even more. He's goofy and doesn't really know what to do and it always cracks me up. :-) You're my hero for doing yoga during your pregnancy! Go girl!

Joanna said...

I'm a new follower and new to the blog world! your blog is so cute and your new house is absolutely gorgeous!! you are having a baby and you run! at least what I can see on your running tracker....looking forward to following along :)

Tatiana said...

I love it when I see my hubby take an interest in playing with kids too (which only has happened since I've been pregnant), because usually he stays as far away from them as possible! It's just so sweet!

Unknown said...

Do you remember how long I was on hiatus for with my blog while preggers? That's why! All I thought about was baby stuff. And moving is definitely tough when preggers! I can't believe you did it so far along. :)

katie said...

girl, i know exactly how you feel... checked out my blog lately? yeeeaahhh....