Sweet girl, you are a whole year old! My little baby is now a toddler and I just can't believe it. You are growing and changing so quickly it's hard to keep up!
- This was a busy month! You said your first word...wait for it..."dada." Yeah. You say it 24/7, even when I say, "Say Mama!" You're sooooo funny little girl.
- You are growing the cutest little baby curls on the back of your head and I just adore them. Your daddy says you need a haircut but I totally disagree!
- You celebrated your first Christmas and loved all of the attention! You got some great walking toys and constantly want to be up walking around. You even took your first steps when we got home from holiday traveling! You haven't done it since though. I think you're a little scared. But your confidence will come soon sweet girl!
- You got your first fever this month and it was super sad. You were whiny and lost your appetite but you still slept well. Fortunately, it didn't last long.
- After what seemed like forever, you finally figured out how to use your sippy cup by yourself. Your daddy and I think you've always known but were just too lazy to hold it up yourself. But now you're a pro. You get lots of practice with milk and smoothies (your new favorite!).
- You've moved on to eating exclusively finger foods. It's been a bit of a struggle but I think we're getting the hang of what you will and will not eat these days. You can be quite the picky eater, little one. But that's to be expected. You have parents who eat practically zero veggies.
- This month we've dropped some nursing sessions and are down to just one...the evening. It's been a bittersweet transition for Mommy but you don't seem to even notice. I'm not quite sure when we'll give it up all together but I'm just going with the flow at the moment.
- I've been trying to teach you to wave and we practice in the mirror. So now, you can do it but you only do it to yourself in the mirror! Mommy screwed that one up big time.
- I did teach you something, though. How to shake! Whenever you're holding your rattle or keys I say, "shake, shake, shake" and you do it! Score one for Mommy!
- We've started incorporating brushing your teeth into our routine at night. You let me do it at first and I think it tickles you because you always laugh. Then you get a try at it and do such a good job!
- Books are your very favorite toy these days! You love to read to yourself and babble in the car. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever. And you love to turn the pages when I'm reading to you.
Natalie, this has been the best year of my life. You have made my life complete and I love you with my whole heart. Being a mom has been the greatest blessing and I am so thankful God has blessed me with you, my sweet daughter.
Love you to the moon and back little girl,