Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Here I Am!

My week started out a little crazy...when I came into work on Monday and learned of a power outage over the weekend. Doesn't seem like a big deal, right? Well, it wasn't to anyone else but me. Said power outage killed my computer :( I came in to "The Blue Screen of Death" which led to a dead hard drive. It wouldn't even boot up!

So, I was without a computer at work for 2 days...the computer I spend about 75% of my day on for work...and most importantly the computer from which I blog! Well...it's fixed!! I got a new hard drive installed yesterday (unable to recover ANYTHING from the old one...lovely) so I'm back! It might take me a little bit to get caught up with your blogs...but I will!


So my weekend update...just a few days late:

Friday: I went bowling after work with three other girls. Let me just tell you...bowling is not my strong suit. My highest score was 98. Yeah...pathetic, I know. But I did look really good in the shoes :)

Saturday: I had my 1st official Junior League volunteer event...feeding the homeless in downtown Cleveland. We met in a parking lot, set up all of the food, and fed a TON of people for about an hour...did I mention it was raining and we were not covered at all?? Oh well...hard to complain when I went home to my clean, dry house with food and those I fed had no such luxury. I was really happy to have the opportunity to help with this...but I will admit...it was really sad. The homeless just kept getting back in line over and over to get more food until we ran out. It was literally all they had. Apparently the woman who put it on does it monthly...so hopefully I will get a chance to help again soon.

Matt and I also went to go see the movie Funny People with Adam Sandler on Saturday. Although we are not huge Adam Sandler fans, it didn't seem to be his typical kind of movie...and we LOVE Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill...so we thought we'd give it a try. It was...okay. Some of it was pretty funny...but I wouldn't run out and pay to see this movie if I were you. It's more of a Red Box $1 flick in my opinion.



Nothing too crazy on Sunday after church. We did hit up Penn Station for dinner which I love and could not even remember the last time I had. Oh...it was delicious!!



Well, I'd better get caught up on some of the work I missed for two days while I was computerless! Hope everyone's doing well!!

XOXO


Don't forget to check out my giveaway!!

10 comments:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

I hate when my work computer is on the fritz. What do you do when you spend your entire day on the computer and it's broken...??

I heard Funny People was not worth seeing. Thanks for the review, I will wait for NetFlix.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Ew, nothing worse than when your computer dies! I hate that, lol.

Dollface said...

please tell me in detail about the Junior League event, mine starts this fall!! Im so excited, xxxoo

lola said...

I'd be lost if my work computer died! In my personal life, my hubby and I both have external hard drives for our own computers.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Unknown said...

When we move, I plan on joining a charity league of some sort (I'm between a few groups). It's great that you give back too.

Brittany Ann said...

Computer crashes are the worst. Glad you're back, though. No worries, though. I'm a horrific bowler, too. I dream of a 98.

Annie said...

ah, i'd be lost without my computer as well! glad it's all better now ;)
sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Lucy Marie said...

I would die if I lost my computer. Just absolutely die. It sounds like you had a great weekend. I'd love to see you in those shoes! ha ha. I haven't bowled in years - the FD refuses to go with me. One time in high school, I went bowling with my girl's religious club and I bragged to all of them that I was a "pretty decent bowler". God punished my arrogance. I bowled a 22 that night.

d.a.r. said...

Ahhh our servers were down at the office for like 3 hours yesterday. It was total crisis mode because no one could get anything done! We all went and got coffee :)

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Computer crashes stink! Hope you didn't lose anything too valuable!