Friday, September 4, 2009

Labor Day=Relaxation Central!

I cannot tell you how excited I am that a holiday weekend is upon us! And the best part? We aren't traveling anywhere! Matt's parents are driving up this evening (at least I assume they are coming this evening...since I have asked my husband repeatedly to check with them and do you think he has done so? Answer=no.)

We're bring them along to a party we were invited to with some of Matt's work friends which should be a blast. We really have met some fantastic people here from his firm and I'm so happy we have the opportunity to hang out with them over the holiday. I'm bringing along my ever so famous Oreo truffles and I'm going to make a humongous fruit salad. I always bring food to parties that I can't eat myself (or that I end up eating and regretting later). So this time, it's a different story. Along with the fruit, I'm packing up my own 98% fat free hot dogs and lite buns. They should help keep my WW points in check during the party. And corn hole counts as cardio, right? Thought so.



We'll probably head to church on Sunday and there has been talk about my dear MIL making some nasty squash dish that Matt loves (I'll be eating leftovers!), but other than that, I plan on relaxing my butt off.

I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend! The rest of our September is pretty hectic (in fact glancing at my calendar just now made my heart rate quicken) so I intend to make this holiday count!

Loves!

15 comments:

The Shabby Princess said...

Love me some long weekends! In my opinion, there should be a 3 day weekend every month or so.

The Shabby Princess said...

Love me some long weekends! In my opinion, there should be a 3 day weekend every month or so.

Kristen said...

sounds enjoyable! My in-laws are also coming into town today. Enjoy the fat free hot dogs!

Dollface said...

um squash dish... ick... squash that idea... yay have a fun weekend and ooo fat free hot dogs, yum!!! xxxooo s*

Llama said...

why do we have to remind them to do things over and over and over again!?! URGH!

Jessica said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Maybe I'm weird, but I'm with your husband ...I love squash ANYTHING :-) But my own husband seriously can't even watch me eat it because it makes him gag! I guess with squash ya either love it or ya hate it ;-)

Sonja said...

Sounds fun!! Have you tried Smart Dogs Veggie dogs?? They are delicious! (I don't eat pork so it's a great alternative) & It's super healthy! :)

I have a WW tracker in my purse but I'm horrible at following it :(

Hope you have a great & safe Labor Day weekend love!! :)

xoxoxo

I Love Brownies said...

Ok...what are 'corn holes? :-)
Enjoy the holiday!!

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

I feel like I must know more about these Oreo truffles! Sounds like a great weekend, have fun!

Shannon Dew said...

Have a great holiday weekend!! I <3 Cornhole and it totally counts as exercise!

Shannon Dew said...

I am near Columbus!!!

Brittany Ann said...

Why don't men ever make the necessary phone calls? Ugh! My hubs does the same thing!

Lucy Marie said...

I hope you relaxed your butt off like crazy.

Lucy Marie said...

I hope you relaxed your butt off like crazy.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.