On my motivated days, I sometimes sit and think about all of the reasons why I want to lose weight and goals I want to set for myself along the way. Today, I thought I'd share those with you....and ask for additions....so maybe we can all look back on this list during the tough times and remember why we are doing this in the first place and what we want to accomplish!
Why I'm doing this:
- I want to live a long, happy, and active life with my husband and future children.
- I've read that pregnancies and labor are easier on women who are fit and healthy. And if there's anything I can do to make labor easier, I am sure as heck going to try!
- Peace of mind.
- I lost a lot of weight before my wedding and I vowed to myself I would never, ever see a 2 at the beginning of my weight again. There...I said it. I was in the dreaded 2's. But I'm not anymore...and I would really love to be down low enough that even when I get pregnant, I won't have to see that number again.
- Buy single digit jeans
- Run a 5K (or at least 30 minutes on the treadmill! No walking!)
- Stop judging myself when I look in the mirror
- Be able to watch The Biggest Loser and not think, "I need to go on that show."
- Wear tank tops and not think my arms look fat
- Be able to do Downward Facing Dog in Yoga class the whole time instead of stopping to rest
- Look smoking hot when my BFF gets married possibly next summer
- Beat said BFF in our fitness contest so she has to buy ME a drink at our annual Christmas dinner and not the other way around
Let's remember why we are doing this..and keep our motivation alive!
Why are you trying to lose weight?? Any goals you want to share? Tell me! Let's help each other!