Friday, September 9, 2011

Dining Room Before and After

Over Labor Day weekend, my sister and her husband came over from Chicago to visit.  They hadn't been here since Natalie was born in January so it had been quite some time.  Needless to say we were all very excited to get together!

We had a wonderful weekend full of catching up, playing with Natalie, and of course...food.  I'll post a little more about that later this week.  But their main focus this weekend was helping us paint!  And when I say helping us paint, I really mean doing it all.  I rolled some...but after attempting Natalie's nursery I quickly came to realize that painting is just not one of my strengths.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I pretty much suck at it.  So when my sister offered up her services, I jumped at the chance.

After much consideration, we decided to begin with the dining room.  There is a chair rail in there so I was forced to pick two colors, a daunting task to say the least.  Especially when the husband was no help at all.  Unless you call giving no suggestions but shooting down all of your ideas helping.  Which I do not. 

So I said forget him and I did what I wanted.

Obviously.

Here are some before shots:



Well, they were kind of before shots.  Just picture this without the sheet on the table and it's pretty much how it looked before. 

So how did it turn out?




I am in love with it.  I think the colors turned out just perfectly and I could not be more pleased.  I'd eventually like to paint the tray ceiling the Mahogany color but I guess that will have to wait until next visit, right Jess?

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm pretty sure our dining room colors are freakishly close to the same! Looks great! :)