Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday Randoms

For your Thursday pleasure, the randomness that is Jenny:

  • My sweet girl turns 8 months old today.  She has three teeth, is practically crawling, and has started college.  At least that's what it feels like to me.
  • My sister let me borrow the Hunger Games (I know...I'm the last person on the planet to read them) and I actually thought, "Hey, I can read that on the plane on the way to Nashville."  Then I remembered that I can no longer do such leisurely things like read on a plane.  
  • I'm going back to Purdue for a football game this October and I am beyond excited.  I haven't been back to campus is so long.
  • We're leaving Natalie with Matt's parents for the day and I am already having to calm myself down when I think about it.  Like my blood pressure starts to rise and my breathing quickens.  It will be the longest I have ever left her with anyone awake (compared to 2 hours) and I am so nervous.  
  • But then I think, hello psycho.  She's 8 months old.  And they are her grandparents.  What do you think is going to happen?  
  • Sometimes being a parent is hard.  It sure does change your priorities but nothing changes for anyone else.  I think that has been the hardest part of having a child for me.  The amount of people who are not in your "new baby" situation that have no idea what you are going through and just do not understand what new, everyday challenges your life has turned into.  You're not the person you used to be.  You've changed.  At least I did.
  • I'm currently watching the last season of Friday Night Lights and I do not want it to end.  I didn't love the show at first but it has definitely grown on me.  I am so in love with Coach Taylor it is bordering on unhealthy.  And Tim Riggins.  Oh, gotta get me some Tim Riggins.
  • Netflix is seriously the way to watch T.V. people.  I rarely even turn on the actual T.V. anymore.  Except to watch Days of Our Lives of course.
  • Speaking of Days, all of my favorite characters are coming back in this big new launch of the show on the 26th and I am so excited I can hardly see straight!  How do I know this?  Well, there is a chance I get Soap Opera Digest.  Wait, wait, let me explain.  Matt saw it on DealNews one day for free so I signed up.  I would not pay for Soap Opera Digest.  But now that I have it, I love it.
  • Weight Watchers is going pretty well.  I've had a bit of a rough few weeks with having my sister in town (aka: Red Whoopie Pies) and being out of town.  But I'm just a few pounds away from pre-Natalie and I am so excited about it.  It only took me 8 months...which in my opinion is awesome seeing as it took me 9 to put it on.  Let's not mention the 40 additional pounds I need to lose after that okay?  Oh my life is a diet.  

3 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I started leaving Jamie for entire work days when he was just 6 weeks old! That probably seems crazy to you! I can understand not wanting to leave though. The first time is definitly the hardest! And like you said, these people raised you, I think they can handle it! :)

I haven't read Hunger Games yet either, so don't worry you're not alone! And I can totally relate to your life changing and people around you not understanding. Love my friends, but when they say "Bring the baby!" and we're meeting at 7pm...I just have to laugh. NOT gonna happen!

Lucy Marie said...

I hear you on all of these things ... the longest I have ever left Evalyn during the day (even with Evan) is 3 hours. Really, this morning is the longest .. she was with my friend from 8:15-11:45. Now that I'm working it'sgoingto happen more,, but I hear ya .. it's so hard.

Life changes and not everyone understands or relates. We've chatted about this before - WHY ISN'T MY BABY THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE FOR YOU?!!?!?

She will be fine. And you will be fine, too. :)

Sonya said...

I think I will be watching Days now that Carrie & Austin will be back! They were the reason I started watching YEARS ago! The nighttime episode where Carrie was hit with acid got me hooked. Although I haven't watched it much for several years.