Monday, June 15, 2009

I Heart Weekends

We had such a lovely little weekend!

Friday evening we watched Gran Torino. Have you seen it yet? Excellent flick. That Clint Eastwood sure is a talented man. Those kind of movies always make me a litty edgy but I thought overall it was really great. And hubs liked it too...which is always a plus.




On Saturday, we headed out with the intention of simply going to the post office, but ended but driving all over the city hitting up little shops and department stores along the way that we have been meaning to go to. Ha! We didn't even buy anything!! It was just wonderful to be outside in the nice weather. And we lunched at Chick-fil-a which is always a treat. They seriously have the best chicken sandwiches on the planet, don't you think?? They were also giving out samples of their new peach milkshakes, which I must say, were simply delicious. And this is saying a lot coming from a girl who really doesn't like fruit in things. By itself...great! In stuff...ick!




That evening I began the dreaded task of updating my iPod. All of my music was on my old laptop which is a huge piece of poop. My dog jumped on it so the monitor will not stay up on its own and it is SO slow! It took me about 90 minutes to finally get to the point where it was transferring songs to my flash drive! Nuts, I know. But I finally got everything transferred and it was such a feeling of accomplishment!

Sunday morning, I copied a few CDs into my iTunes and now I am all set! I even made a workout mix which I have desperately been in need of for months! Let me tell you, it is not fun hitting a wall in your running and then hearing Tim McGraw and Faith Hill belting out "Let's Make Love." Not really a big motivator if you know what I mean.

I went for a little run and spent the rest of the day reading. I finished Something Borrowed! Again, bloggy buddies and their reading suggestions come through. I really enjoyed the book and I am looking forward to beginning Something Blue soon!

Hope everyone's weekend was fantastic! Can't wait to hear about them!

16 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like a great weekend. We don't have chick-fil-a here but after all the raving I've heard about it through other bloggers, I'm thinking I'm going to have to take a trip to the states just to try it :D

Shaina said...

1. Gran Torino is AMAZING! Plus, it was filmed - and takes place - in my home state of Michigan. Score!

2. Chick-Fil-A really DOES have the best chicken sandwiches known to man. I'm convinced. I'm also a huge fan of the morning chicken biscuit and the chicken minis with honey. DELICIOUS!

Dollface said...

Yum a peach milkshake, that wouldve hit the spot for me this weekend!!! and I love those books, good reads... enjoy them!! xxooo

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

we loved gran torino!

and oh goodness.... a peach milkshake is dangerous!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie! Is it out on video? I've been waiting for that so I can buy it! Also, 72 year old dad won't go to the movie house so I want to bring it to hime...I think he'd enjoy it cause Clint Eastwood just reminds me of my dad in it:p My mom is forever trying to get a hold of his potty mouth:p

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

We met my dad at Chick Fil-A for shakes! I had the cookies in cream. I didn't have enough guts to try the Peach, because I don't usually care for fruit in my ice cream...lol.

Sara said...

We loved Gran Torino. (Had no idea it was going in the direction it did.)

And, a peach milkshake sounds yummy!

Children of the 90s said...

I loved Gran Torino! It's hard to believe Clint Eastwood is my grandparent's age. I never thought of senior citizens as intimidating till I saw it.

I just tried the peach milkshake at Chik-Fil-A on Friday, sooo good!

Lindsey said...

What a great weekend!!! I need to see Gran Torino!

Emily said...

I want that milkshake! like right now:)

Cristina said...

I loved Gran Torino, what a good movie! I was talking about this movie with a friend yesterday...Chick-fil-a is simply magical - we don't have that chain in Toronto, it's a shame really. I did try it a couple of times while in FL, it's a blessing that we don't have any around I guess or I would be there all the time!

Brittany Ann said...

I always procrastinate in updating my workout music. You are so right. It can be a huge pain!

jlc said...

omg sam and i watched that in the theatres during R&R and we both LOVEEEEEED it!!


Clint Eastwood is amazing in everything he does though!

rachaelgking said...

My man watched Gran Tourino while I was out with the girls and proclaimed it "probably the best movie he has seen... EVER." Guess I gotta watch it, now... ;-)

lola said...

Oh, I looove Chik-Fil-A! (especially their breakfast sandwiches!)

A New England Girl said...

I started to watch Gran Torino this weekend, but I got distracted and never finished it. What I saw was amazing. Now that I've been reminded that I need to finish this, I certainly will! Thanks for the reminder. :)