Thursday, June 25, 2009

Your Questions Answered-Random Edition

Here they are...the last set of questions you asked!


Mrs. Southern Bride & JLC from French Kiss asked, "Where do you like to shop?"

Want to know a secret? I don't really shop. WAIT...please don't stop following me! Here's the thing. It's not that I don't like to shop or that I don't want new clothes or shoes or purses...I hate spending the money. I honestly would rather put my money in a savings account than buy a new dress. Sad, I know. I get e-mails from Rue La La and Shop It To Me and I haven't bought one thing. Besides my wedding dress or maybe Prom, I don't think I have ever spent over $65 for a dress in my entire life. I just don't buy clothes for no reason.

But, if I'm going to an event, I need a new pair of shoes in a different color, or something else for a specific purpose I tend to look at H&M, Target, J.Crew, Old Navy, Banana Republic, or maybe Gap. Outlet malls are my friend.


JLC also asked a few more questions!

"If you had only one day to live, what would you do?"

I would definitely spend a lot of it in prayer asking God for forgiveness from my sins and thanking Him for the time that I did get here on this earth with the people that I love...and asking for His love and care on my journey to meet Him in Heaven. I would spend the rest of the day with my husband making sure he knew just how much I loved him and how being with him has changed my life for the better.

I would not work out.


"What country would you most like to live in?"

Honestly, I'd live in the United States. I know that is not the adventurous answer you were looking for...but it's me! I do really enjoy traveling, but the language barrier makes me nervous. Also, once I'm away from home for like 3 days, I'm ready to come back. I'm also really weird about trying new foods so I would be bad in a foreign country for an extended period of time. I once went to Holland and survived on Twix bars for breakfast and lunch for a week!

But, I would love to visit France, Italy, and Greece. Anyone want to be my translator?? Ha!

"What's your fave film/book?"

Some of my favorite movies include Dirty Dancing, Juno, & School of Rock. I hesitate to say Twilight was the best book I have ever read, but it is definitely one of my favorites. I also really enjoyed The Middle Place. I'm currently forging my way through the Bible for the first time cover to cover. I'm really excited about my progress and everything I am learning!


Tasha from Biology Gal asked, "Since I'm a science person too, just curious what type of work do you do in the lab?" Angela from 20-Something Dreams also wanted to know what I did for a living.

You two are in for a treat! Not. Ha! I work for a science based products and services company. Our particular branch in Ohio manufactures parts for jet engines, mainly for the military. The lab here consists of three people and our job is to test these manufactured parts before they are shipped out to the customer. All of the parts require different tests, but mainly we do thermal analysis, acid digestions, and peel strength testing. Basically, I get to walk around all day in a lab coat with my safety glass on and my steel toed shoes playing with sulfuric acid and hydrogen peroxide. You can usually find me sporting a bright yellow spill proof apron, a face shield, and aqua green nitrile gloves. Super. Sexy.

It gets old doing the same tests day in and day out, but it pays the bills. My degree is actually in biology and I would LOVE to get back into that field. I was planning on going to medical school for, well, forever, but then had a change of heart during my masters program and decided that I didn't want to spend my years dealing with more school. Well, what's a girl to do with a masters in biology?? I have no idea. Suggestions, please!


Angela also asked, "What are your guilty pleasures? Sweets? TV shows? Shopping items?"

I've covered my go to anti-diet foods and my shopping habits but I do have a few must see TV shows. I'm a soap opera junkie and DVR Days of Our Lives everyday...and have since I was in elementary school. I do admittedly watch Jon and Kate Plus 8, The Office, 30 Rock, Grey's, & The Biggest Loser. I've drastically cut back on my television in the last year or so, but these shows made the cut.


Mrs. Ruby from Ruby Red Slippers asked, "What is your most embarrassing moment?"

Okay. Fine.

Before Matt and I were married, his mother was talking to me about some clothes that she had made for him. Well one of the items was a pair of boxer shorts and I was like, "Oh, I've seen those before!" I tried to play it off like I had seen them when I did our laundry together one time, but I don't think she bought it. Idiot.


Krystyna Lizabeth from everything happens for a reason asked, "What is your favorite part about living in Ohio...or your least favorite!?!"

Ha! Well if you've read my blog for more than 2 days you know that I don't like much! Okay, okay. Perhaps I am being a little hasty. I do like only living one state away from my friends and family and being within driving distance. I LOVE our neighborhood and the city we live in. Although downtown Cleveland leaves much to be desired, I do appreciate that they have sports teams to watch (giving me the chance to see Chicago teams when they come to town!). I also am a huge fan of the West Side Market downtown where they offer tons of fresh meats, fruits, and veggies for cheap! Oh, the lake, I like the lake! Although we don't venture out there often, I do enjoy being able to go to the Lake Erie Islands and pretend I am on vacation for the weekend.

I won't ramble on about all the things I don't like...but my least favorite has to be the weather. Although I grew up and Indianapolis and I am completely used to having horrible winters, I am over it. I hate the snow everyday but Christmas. I hate driving in it, walking in it, being out in it at all. It is only warm like 3 months of the year. I mean, this morning it was 60. It's almost July people. I need to be somewhere where it is 80s year round! And shoveling snow blows.


Cristina from Another Day in Paradise asked, "What keeps you motivated to work out?"

My fat? Ha! Well, it's kind of true. Just looking down and seeing it everyday makes me want to hit the gym. I will say that attending Weight Watchers meetings has done wonders for me. Actually having to weigh in front of someone who knows my name keeps me accountable. I also do a fitness challenge with my best friend from Indy to see who can work out the most in a 10 week period. There a point system we use to keep track and it helps us to avoid the bad foods and hit the gym!

Also, just belonging to a gym motivates me. I know I am paying for it so I might was well go.

I also get a ton of inspiration from blogging. There are so many people I look to when I feel like giving up. Some people are just starting out like me and others are old pros who are awesome at giving advice. Here are links to some of my favorite blogs that are written by fabulous women who are always pushing me to keep going: French Kiss, Just Another Day in Paradise, Mrs. GI Joe, not all those who wander are lost, Post Smith, The Shabby Princess, & Chic Runner.


Anna from Pocket Full of Pink asked, "What is on your iPod while you run?"

Y'all will get a kick out of this answer! I am not really a fan of rap music or anything that is "in" right now. I have a mix of country, oldies, and rock on my iPod right now. Some of my favorites at the moment that really add a little pick me up to my runs include:

Mickey by Toni Basil
Party for Two by Shania Twain and Billy Currington
I Wanna Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston
Settlin' by Sugarland
Bye Bye by Jo Dee Messina
Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
I Think We're Alone Now by Tiffany
Bang the Drum All Day by Todd Rundgren
Gimme Some Lovin' by The Spencer Davis Group
Hot Hot Hot by Buster Poindexter and His Banshees of Blues


The Reality of Happily Ever After asked, "If you had to describe yourself as any character in a movie, what movie would it be and what character?"

This was the hardest question I had to answer! I thought long and hard about it, and you know what? They just don't make movies about girls like me.

I had the highest GPA in my class in high school, but I wasn't a nerd who didn't have any friends. I was an athlete but not good enough to play where I wanted to go to college. I wasn't unpopular, but I didn't really hang out with the popular kids outside of school. I wasn't misunderstood or always getting into trouble. In fact, I was quite the goody goody. Although I didn't have any serious boyfriends before Matt, I wasn't a girl pining away for her Prince Charming. I knew he was out there and I would find him someday.

My story would not make for an interesting movie. I'm just your average girl!


Brittany Ann from Living in the Moment asked, "What inspires you?"

This quote has always inspired me. I actually used it in my high school graduation speech. "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

I am incredibly inspired in church by God and the people in the congregation to live my life for Him. My husband inspires me daily to be the best person I can be for him and our future children. And lastly, I'm inspired so much by my bloggy friends! You ladies keep my butt in the gym, keep me focused on what is really important in life, and have provided me with friendships I so desperately needed.

Whoa! Done!

Thanks again so much for your questions and for following my little blog. You all mean the world to me and I am so thankful you spend a little part of your day here!

14 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I loved reading the answers. It was great to get to know you better.

Lyryn said...

These are all great questions! thanks for being so honest!

Courtney said...

Love reading these!

Brittany Ann said...

This was fun! I might have to try one of these one day! Thanks for answering my question:) And I love that quote too!

5th Belle Avenue said...

Thank you for sharing your songs!! I loveee hearing what people listen to so I can go download it if I don't already have it on my ipod. And I love how you said you wouldn't work out if you had one day left to live. Amen, sista! :o)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to reach my 100th post cause this was a blast to read! Dirty Dancing Rocks!The movie rocks too:p HA HA!

Lindsey said...

I am the same way!!! I hate spending money so I hardly shop!!!

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so honored that you are motivated by my working out! That is such a nice compliment. I really appreciate it. I think you're a total rock star with WW and working out! I love your dedication! :)

Also, I have Don't Stop Belivin' on my running mix on my iPod.. Great minds think alike ;)

Unknown said...

I don't think I can be blog friends with someone who doesn't like to shop...


jk. love you!

A New England Girl said...

Once again, loved all your answers! It's fun knowing little quirks, moments and random facts for a person. Thanks for sharing with us! Any more editions coming up? :)

Tasha said...

It was so much fun to learn more about you! My iPod is also full of randomness! I'm with you about saving money instead of shopping and also not knowing what to do with a M.S. degree. lol! I cracked up about your motivation to work out! You are very inspiring with your work out and WW routine!

~M~ said...

Dirty Dancing is such a great movie!

Megan said...

I liked learning more about you! I love that quote, have never heard it, but do love it!

Shaina said...

I loved reading your answers! I am so touched that you consider me a work-out inspiration. I feel the same way about you!!! I swear, if I didn't have all these great inspiring work-out blogs to read, I don't know if I'd ever do anything!