Friday, November 19, 2010

Jenny: The Update

I have been a complete blog slacker this week.  And it's kinda sad because I've actually had a really busy week and so much has gone on!  So an update you shall receive...since you asked, right?

Right.

  • Last weekend my in-laws came up to visit and we enjoyed Sunday at the Fabulous Food Show.  We saw a presentation by this guy...

...which was super cool because he's actually from Cleveland.  Like, he's famous and he still lives here.  I know.  It's weird.  But it was a really cool show. 
Then we hopped around to different booths sampling all of the yummy food Cleveland has to offer.  My favorite?  Hm.  I'd have to go with the cheeses.  I do love me some cheese.

  • I had a blood pressure check on Monday and it was still slightly elevated.  I have to have one more today to determine whether or not I have to go on meds for high blood pressure.  Fingers crossed I don't have to.  I was super borderline last time so I'm hoping for a good number today.  Send me relaxing thoughts, okay?  I'm also meeting with the dietitian beforehand.  I've had so many appointments this week it's making my head spin.
  • I visited with a friend on Tuesday and she gave me lots of helpful new parenting advice as well as recommended a pediatrician.  Call me crazy but finding a pediatrician before our baby is even born was not something I ever knew I had to do.  Clearly I'm clueless.  But I'm in the loop now and we have a little meet and greet next month!
  • Wednesday I met with a nurse in the diabetic department and she gave me lots of helpful hints about my diet and what I should and should not be eating.  I have made some changes and am really trying to do what is best for my little girl.  Things are going fairly well, but sometimes my blood sugar levels are elevated in the morning and I have no idea why.  It's a little frustrating to not be able to totally control this...
  • If you can believe it...I actually purchased some clothes.  No I am not lying.  I spent money on myself.  And it was not on food.  I had a Junior League event last night that required a nicer looking outfit than jeans and a t-shirt so I was forced.  I bought some new black pants, a few sweaters, and some dressier shirts.  I can now attend church again and look respectable.
  • Last night was our annual fundraiser for the Junior League.  It was an okay time for the price ($65 and I couldn't take part in the open bar?  I'm thinking I got screwed...) but I got to catch up with some girls I haven't seen in quite a while so it was worth the trip downtown.  
  • I'm hoping to get the rest of the baby furniture ordered this weekend as well as our dining room table so it will be all ready for the holidays.  I have a full day of volunteering on Saturday at the hospital and a baby shower on Sunday.  I'm tired just thinking about it...  Aren't weekends for relaxing?
  • I officially have 17 more working days left.  I simply cannot believe it.  And only 9 more weeks of pregnancy.  I'm in the single digits!  I can't believe in just a few short months our lives are going to change so drastically.  It's so overwhelming...but incredibly exciting all at the same time!
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!  I cannot wait for next week!  We're only working on Monday and then it's home to Indy for some serious family time :)  Yeah!  And the last time Matt and I will ever drive home just the two of us.  Ah!  I'm gonna be a MOM!!

9 comments:

Nessa said...

Yay for the new clothes and looking pretty for church :)

Nessa said...

And OF COURSE, yay for single digits, congrats on being prego. You sound so very excited :) its been awhile since ive checked in on your blog but you sound happy. Thats awesome, praise God. :)

Dollface said...

wow, only 9 more weeks! where does the time go!!!! xxxooo

Emily said...

Yay for new clothes :) I am sure they look great! Don't stress about your BS, stress can affect it too! Have a great weekend!

The Shabby Princess said...

Ahhh!!! Your last Thanksgiving without a little one. Craziness!! I'm so excuted for you sweet pea.

xoxox

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Enjoy your last twosome road trip home! Between us, the baby and both dogs I think we're going to need a Semi to get to Ohio next week. I'm so not looking forward to it.

Happiness Is... said...

I didn't know about the pediatrician thing either - ha! I think I live in la la land.

Taylor-Made Wife said...

Has your higher blood pressure made you fill different or anything? I'm jealous of your 17 days of work left!

Llama said...

Hope your doing well sweetie! Wishing you the best of everything!
Time does fly!