Monday, November 8, 2010

A Visit and Tons of Yummy Recipes!

Happy Monday friends!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!  I got to enjoy some much needed time with my parents in Cleveland this weekend (only their third visit to this fine city!) and it was just great!

They arrived Friday evening and we had some delicious jambalaya with bacon onion cheddar biscuits.  Oh my goodness were these good.  Click here for the recipe.  You will NOT be disappointed!  We finished off the meal with Oreo cheesecake bars.  Yum! 

Saturday I was up bright and early to head over to the lab for my glucose screening.  And guess what?  I didn't throw up!!  Woot, woot!  I was home before 9 and was able to enjoy some homemade cinnamon rolls from Pioneer Woman.  I thought I'd better wait to eat all that butter and sugar until after my glucose screening.  My mama didn't raise no dummy.

We spent the day watching football and doing a little shopping.  I introduced my mom and grandma to Costco and I think I created a monster!  You know those people who just stand there and wait for the samples to come out?  That was them.  I know.  I can't take them anywhere! 

We also enjoyed a few rousing games of bowling on the Wii and played a little Guitar Hero per my dad's request.  He enjoyed the tunes :) 

We ended up getting a late lunch of pizza (yum!) and were so full from that we didn't even have dinner :)  Ha!  I did make some of Shaina's delicious brownies which were so yummy warmed up it is hard to describe.  A must try!

Sunday I made cinnamon baked french toast for breakfast.  It was a hit! (I'm just realizing that when people visit...I always center around food.  Hm.  I think I have an issue.)  My family left around noon so Matt and I spent the rest of the day lounging around and catching up on some much needed sleep.  We also ordered most of the furniture for the nursery!!  I cannot wait to see it all set up :)

We don't get to rest too much though because my in-laws are coming this weekend!   Eek!

How was your weekend????

6 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I have yet to try Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls...

The Shabby Princess said...

Ummm, when people come to visit me, it pretty much centers around food as well. Awesome.

Emily said...

Sounds like you were a busy woman! Glad you had a great weekend!

5th Belle Avenue said...

Haha I can just picture your mom and grandma waiting on the samples! I looove Costco.

Kristen said...

wow you're a busy woman! I love basing visits around food! :-)

Tatiana said...

That's a whole lot of sweets for one weekend! Yum! I'm so glad you had fun with the family though :-) And yes, Costco is awesome!