Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Let's Try This Again...

Morning friends!  

Sorry to do a weekend recap on a Wednesday, but have you really come to expect anything more of me lately?  I didn't think so...

We had a lovely Halloween!  We celebrated with some friends and got to help them pass out candy to the children in their neighborhood.  I provided the Halloween Bark.  Candy corn + white chocolate + Halloween Oreos = delicious people.  Simply delicious!



I also got off my butt and finally carved our pumpkin!  What do you think?



He looks so lonely on the porch all by himself, but I just didn't have the energy this year for Halloween/Thanksgiving decor.  I'm saving it up for Christmas!
Yesterday I had the day off work so I could go in for my glucose screening.  You know, the one where you have to drink the gross stuff, wait an hour, and then have your blood drawn?  Well, guess what I did.  I'll give you one guess.

I puked.

2 minutes before they were going to draw my blood.

I have to go back and do it again.

On a Saturday.

At 7 a.m.

Yep.

Oh well.  I did get my shots and blood drawn for other various tests I had to do as well as finish my prenatal interview so I'm glad most of the errands are out of the way.  And the drink really wasn't that bad.  It was more the empty stomach that got me.  Baby and I must eat as soon as we get up and when we can't....we get mad.  And clearly show our anger by puking.

But other than that, the weekend seems to be shaping up nicely!  My parents are coming up for a visit to see the new house.  They're in for a shock when they see me as I was only 6 weeks pregnant when I saw them last.  I've grown just a tad since then...

9 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Love your little pumpkin! We didn't get around to carving ours this year...so it just sat all lonely and uncarved on the front porch. Pretty sure it started to mold too...oops!

Bummer about having to re-do the glucose test. Once was MORE than enough for me!

The Shabby Princess said...

I would totally puke too. Sorry love!

melissa said...

Awww, I'm sorry. But really, they feed you a nasty drink on an empty stomach and expect you to keep it down? Nuts. Sorry you have to do it again on a Saturday. :(

Hope you have a great time with your parents this weekend!

5th Belle Avenue said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you got sick! Hope the next time is MUCH better!

Tatiana said...

I'm sorry you got sick right before they were supposed to draw your labs :-(
You've got a really cute pumpkin, but I'm with you about saving all my energy for Christmas (partially because I don't have a house to decorate yet, haha)

Kristen said...

aw that really sucks about the test & the puking! Bummer! This year we got all 3 pumpkins carved, I was pretty proud of us cause normally we only get 2 done! Back to the glucose test, when I was pregnant with Logan (he's 6 now) instead of drinking the "juice" I got to eat 17 russell stovers jelly beans. Apparently there was the same amount of sugar.... though that's not allowed now... oh I missed that when I was prego with #2! lol

Unknown said...

You are so lucky the drink didn't bother you! I was so sick, I could barely drive and needed to go home immediately to rest. YUCK.

Welcome to the third trimester btw!

Mrs. Dawkter said...

Oh my that bark looks fantastic!

I'm sorry about the glucose test, boo for having to drink it again!

Lucy Marie said...

Um that bark looks great. Did you hand that out or just eat it? Sorry you have to do the glucose test again. Is it the first part, the screening process? They didn't make me fast for that.