Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baby Thanksgiving

On Sunday, our sweet little girl participated in a Baby Thanksgiving at our church.  We got to go on stage and the whole congregation prayed for her and for us.  It was a really awesome experience and I'm so glad we were able to do it.  Natalie usually stays in the nursery so it was her first time in the auditorium.  I loved getting to hold her and sing our worship songs at the same time.  

Per our usual routine, we headed to the grocery store after church.  The Super Walmart across the street is fantastic.  Don't you think Walmarts can be hit or miss?  I mean, some are super trashy and others are really clean and nice.  This one = awesome.  As you may remember, our church is a good 45 minutes from our house so we use this opportunity to hit up the store while we're out there. 

While we were shopping, a woman approached us and told us she saw us at church!  It was so weird...and I told Matt when she left I kind of felt like a celebrity.  Ha!  But it also made me think.  I've now stood up in front of probably a thousand people in our church.  A church where it is easy to get lost in the crowd.  But now, perhaps people will recognize our family.  Know us as those people who have that really cute little girl in the polka dot dress and pink headband.  But hopefully know us more as those parents who are raising their child in the church.  And just knowing that makes me feel like I'm being held accountable.  Which I desperately need and for which I am so thankful.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

you are a celebrity! You are a great mom too and I imagine people saw you and were thinking how wonderful for someone of a younger generation to be raising their child in the church. I think faith gets lost along the way and for the people who can grasp it and keep it, they're the lucky ones!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

How wonderful!! I must say that the only times we've taken Jamie to church are when we're visiting my dad. I hate that we don't make it a bigger priority. We have a wonderful parish at home with a HUGE school so I know it's a younger crowd where we could meet lots of other parents. We just need to do it.

Lora said...

aw, how sweet! we have "new arrivals day" each year, which sounds like a very similar thing...VERY cool :-)