You are six whole months old. I cannot believe it has been half a year since your Daddy and I were in the hospital meeting you for the first time. Some days it seems like you've always been here...and others it seems like you just got here yesterday.
According to the doctor, you weigh in around 18 1/2 lbs. (95%) and are 27 3/4 inches long (97%). Such a big girl! She warned us people would think you were older and wonder why you weren't walking yet. Ha! She also thinks you are very close to getting your first pair of pearly whites. Eek!!
You are still nursing and have yet to have a sip of formula. I am so thankful everyday that I've been able to successfully breastfeed you for 6 months. In fact, I'm a little sad thinking of the day when I have to give up our special time together. You're not much of a snuggle bug these days so I have come to cherish our feeding sessions. But it will be nice to have my boobies back. You're kind of a hog.
This month has definitely been your busiest to date. Here are just a few highlights:
- At the beginning of the month we started putting you in bed without being swaddled. You were constantly busting free in the middle of the night and Mommy was entirely too sick of waking up and reswaddling you. It was time. And you transitioned beautifully.
- You took your first trip to the park with your friends Braden, William, and Olivia. You and Olivia chillaxed on the blanket and watched the boys play. I'm pretty sure you loved it. You also ventured to the zoo for the first time with miss Kennedy. You didn't seem really into it, but you did take a good nap. Ha!
- For the most part, you are still only napping your in car seat or stroller during the day. I have managed to get you to sleep in your crib one magical day (after about 5 minutes of fussing) so I'm hoping we can transition to this full time. You are dangerously close to outgrowing your infant carrier so I know my days of moving you from sleeping in the car to the swing are drawing to a close. Insert tear.
- You're still a fabulous sleeper at night. We put you down around 7 and you have been getting up around 6:30 or 7. I can sometimes get you to go right back down for a little bit after you eat...but I fear that is becoming a rarity. Unfortunately, you still scream bloody murder when Mommy isn't here to put you to bed. Several times Daddy has had to put you down without eating because you simply refuse to take a bottle. But only at night. During the day you will eat from it no problem if you have to. Seriously girl...mess with your routine and you are a TERROR.
- You started solid foods this month! You look like such a big girl sitting in your high chair. We began with rice cereal and you took to it very well. You are currently working on a box of oatmeal and are LOVING it! You are eating twice a day, approximately 3 Tbsp. per sitting.
- Your grandparents visited you this month. They are so in love with you sweet girl. I just know you are going to be spoiled rotten when you're older. Oh wait. You already are. They carry you around everywhere and your Grandmer makes you anything and everything you could possibly need. You are a very lucky girl.
- You have discovered your feet this month and are constantly pulling on them and trying to put them in your mouth. It's fairly entertaining for both of us.
- Also this month, you went on your very first vacation with Mommy's side of the family. We all flew down to Panama City Beach and stayed in a condo with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Jessi, and Uncle Dave. You had a BLAST at the pool! You kicked around just like a little fishy in there. You weren't such a fan of the ocean but neither is Mommy so it worked out just fine.
- Once we got back from vacation, you started rolling over like crazy! You looked like you'd been doing it forever. I'm not sure what got into you! You roll from your back to your tummy all the time. It's become a little bit of an issue as you have started doing it in your crib at night and then get very upset because you can't get back. Mama is not a fan.
- You also started sitting up all on your own! We've been practicing for a while now and then all of a sudden you just lifted your little arms up and were sitting! You had this look on your face like, "Hey Mom. Check me out!" You knew it was cool.
Sweet girl, your Daddy and I love you more every single day. You have completed our little family in so many ways and we cannot imagine one single second without you here. You truly are such a good baby and we are very, very lucky. You have blessed our lives simply by being you. And you always will.
Love you to the moon and back Natty Poo,