Monday, March 16, 2009

Baked Goods Bonanza!

I got an order for a cake last weekend for a little girl's 1st birthday! It is due on Saturday so I will keep you posted on my progress. I was referred by the wife of one of Matt's co-workers! Isn't that sweet!?! I made her daughter Kennedy's first birthday cake a couple months ago. I think I may've already posted this...but check it out anyway!



It's going to be super cute....two layer stacked cake with pink polka dots! I'm also going to make a little mini cake especially for the birthday girl! I'm really excited about it and it should be super fun to do!

This, of course, fell on the same weekend that I signed up to bring breakfast to Sunday School! Ha! Well, there will be a lot of baking in my house this weekend! I have narrowed down the breakfast items to these three:

Sour Cream Coffee Cake by Brown Eyed Baker
Chocolate Chip Muffins by Annie's Eats
Cranberry Scones by Annie's Eats

I am KNOWN for making incredibly too much food...and also for taking on way too much all the time. I made 9 different goodies during Christmas time within a three day span and I think I just about died. I just have such a hard time deciding what to make...so I just go ahead and make it all!! However, since I will be doing all of the decorating of the cake on Saturday, I'm thinking of just doing two of these options. Any suggestions??

10 comments:

Angela said...

So cute! You sound just like me...over Christmas I thought it would be a good idea to make all these treat bags for my co-workers. It wasn't! I think I made like 8 different varieties of fudge, bark, turtles, etc. and I had like 300 baggies tied up with ribbon. It was the worst 48 hours of my life!!!!

I love your cake too! So cute. If I were making breakfast items I would pick the muffins and the coffee cake!

Have a great day :)

LillySue said...

I can hardly wait to see the pink polkadot cakes! I would make the scones for sure, since I don't like anything too sweet for breakfast. The coffee cake sounds good too! Don't let it all stress you out.....It will all turn out beautiful!
Blessings- LillySue

Brittany Ann said...

I vote sconces and muffins. Something about hand-held treats appeals to me:)

Lindsey said...

What a cute cake!!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

yay jenny! i'm so excited that you're getting paid to do this now!!!

La vie est belle! said...

That's an awesome cake! Well if you have too much food, send it my way. :D haha!

Left you an award on my blog!

Mandy Rose said...

OMG you are sooo talented! I wish you lived closer so you can make my son's bday cake!

Mrs. Ruby said...

I can't believe you made this cake! It is spectacular!!! I want to have a 1 year old so you can make her cake! :)

Megan said...

Wow girl, you are SO talented!! And good for you for still making something- I would totally go to Ukrops and pick some breakfast item up..heh

alyssa said...

holy cow!! great job!!