Monday, February 9, 2009

Back on the Fit Train!

My husband and I were happily married in September of 2007. In the time leading up to the wedding, I began seriously doing Weight Watchers with my mama. She and I had been doing this for many years before off and on, but this time I had serious motivation! In about a year and a half I lost 75 lbs. After we went on the cruise for our honeymoon...those lost 75 lbs. slowly started to find their way back to my thighs again...and this trend has continued! Thankfully, I don't have TOO much to lose, but I am back to Weight Watchers nonetheless. I have my meetings on Wednesdays so I will keep you updated on how they go! I have noticed a lot of bloggers who are also Weight Watchers so I am really excited about the extra support system!

About a year ago, I joined a gym in the area called Five Seasons. You want to know the reason I joined this one above the other ones I looked at?? Honestly?? It's not that it is a three minute drive from my house...or on the way home from work...or that they have free aerobics classes...and offer personal training...nope...it's the fact that they have individual televisions on all of the work out equipment! When I went to the other gyms, I literally asked my husband...where are the T.V.'s?? They even have individualized sounds systems so that you can just plug your headphones into the machine and change the channel. It's awesome!

Anyways, I have been a total slug and haven't gone to the gym regularly in a couple weeks so this is my attempt at accountability in telling you that I am back! I went on Saturday to a Zumba class that they offer. If you've never done this, you should totally check it out! It's basically an hour of Latin Dance and it is super fun. Don't worry about looking like a dork...everyone does except the instructor! I'll probably do some cardio, lifitng, and maybe a Pilates class while I'm there today.

Have a fabulous Monday!
(Zumba image taken from www.needresults.com)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you! Keep it up! :)