Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Friends, Food, and Fun!

As promised, here are the blue and yellow cake balls that I made for our Daytona 500 part on Sunday. Matt took the extras to work Monday and they were a hit! They are Bakerella's red velvet cake balls covered in blue and yellow candy melts (especially for Jimmy Johnson!) and then sprinkled with white sprinkles! They were super easy and really good! I totally recommend Bakerella's webiste. All of her ideas are fantastic! She is so creative!


I ran out of colored candy melts and I still had cake balls! So....I used some Baker's semi-sweet chocolate squares for the rest of them and then added a little red to the top. They were my post-Valentine's Day treat for my co-workers. Here's the platter that I took in.



I had so many requests for recipes it was ridiculous! I think it went over pretty well!

At the party, we played this board game called Things. Has anyone heard of this?? My sister brought it home over Christmas and we played...so Matt and I were familiar with it. It is really fun...but you have to play with fairly large groups of people to enjoy it the most. It's starts out with a "reader" who reads this card that will say something like, "Things you should never say to your teacher." Then everyone has a sheet of paper that they write their answers on...which as I'm sure you've guessed, can get a little raunchy! Then you go around in a circle taking turns guessing who wrote what. It definitely is a game that delivers a lot of laughs! Especially when my dear husband answered that question with, "Do you want to earn an apple the hard way?" Oh my goodness...I was shocked! I couldn't believe he wrote that!

1 comment:

Mrs. Nurse said...

Sounds like a fun game! & Red Velvet..yum :)